Monday, March 5, 2018

February 12


Përshëndetje familja!

Another exciting week. To get the big unexpected news out of the way, I'm getting transferred. We had transfer calls on Saturday, and unfortunately I'll be leaving Fier to go to Shkodër. I've loved serving here in Fier a ton, there are a bunch of amazing people here that I've really learned to love. Fier is in a really good position now, so I'll make sure to keep updated with Elder Schneider. Shkodër will be really good too though, I'm excited. I'll be serving with an Albanian companion named Elder Isufaj so I'll get in plenty of practice with my Albanian. Serving in Shkodër means that I'll also be covering Lezhë which is another city close to Shkodër. I think that right now there are only 3 members in Lezhë, but I've heard that it's on the edge of really growing, so that'll be super exciting. We'll be in a district with Tirana, plus covering two cities, which means I'll be doing a ton of driving (Elder Isufaj doesn't have a drivers licence). Also I'll be district leader, so no escape from preparing trainings. I'm really excited though.

Other news, we had a district meeting with President and Sister Anderson, and the APs (Elders Benson and Draper) and it was a lot of fun. They focused their trainings on the Book of Mormon and how important it is as a tool for conversion. They're all super inspiring leaders and make me feel really excited to go and get things done here. After that the APs and the Vlorë Elders (Elders Murray and Wood) stayed the night in our house, which was a little crazy but a lot of fun. Those five are most of my best friends here on the mission and I'll definitely want to stay friends with them after the mission. 

For our area, we actually almost baptized Redi last week. Key word almost. On Monday we invited him to be baptized on Friday which he accepted, then he passed a baptismal interview, and then he really opened up with us about why he doesn't feel ready. So he'll take just a little more time. We met with Entela again this week and it was another perfect lesson. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then went through all the commandments. So she could honestly be baptized within the next two weeks. The three girls came to our Book of Mormon reading class, English Course, and all two hours of church on Sunday. They're so prepared and as long as their parents let them they'll be baptized super soon. They sent us a text after church saying they'll really miss me, which was super sweet. I'll miss them too. We met with a ton of members and I got pictures with them so I'll send those to you as well.

So today and yesterday are basically just a bunch of goodbyes and packing, hopefully we'll actually have time to do everything.

That's about all the time I have for now, I'm working on uploading the pictures right now and then I'll share them with you. They're way too many to send.

I love you all so much!
Mirupafshim, Zoti ju bekoftë!
Elder Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment