Tuesday, November 20, 2018

July 30th

Përshëndetje familja!

Well as I'm sure all of you know by now transfer calls came in this week, and sure enough I'll be transferred to Highland Utah. It's been a beautiful two years and I'm so glad that I was blessed enough to serve in this amazing mission. As I've been thinking back on this past phase of my life I've been filled with immense gratitude for the many amazing people that God has put into my path. Whether it's been investigators ready to be converted, people I've taught who still haven't reached that landmark of baptism, less-active members I've served, or just strong members who have strengthened me with their love, diligence, and faith; I could sit here and try and write out all their names, but I don't have that much time, and I'm not sure even an email could fit that much, truly all of them have changed me. I love this amazing country and the awesome people here, Albania will always have a very special and unique place in my heart.

Now as for my last week in Shkoder I would like to share a little about a miracle that has happened over these last few weeks of my mission. It has to do with our amazing friend Elsuid. He's been searching for the truth for all his life, he's gone around to all the religions just trying to find it, but he just couldn't ever find the one. Until now. As we've been meeting with him and he has studied the Book of Mormon and the amazing doctrines of the Restoration of the Gospel, the Plan of Salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Word of Wisdom it's caused him to cry out in joy that he's finally found the end of his search. That God truly has directed his path and brought him to His true church. In one of our lessons this week he shared an extremely powerful testimony saying that he has sought God all his life, praying every day to find the truth and that now that he's found it he will sacrifice everything to come unto Him. Right now he is working on saving up for a bicycle so that he can come to church every week and then his next plan is to serve a mission so that he can share this wonderful message with everyone else. And he's already started, this week he brought his best friend into a lesson with us (and he loved it too) and then he invited us to his birthday party so that we could get to know his family better and share the gospel with them too! He truly is a miracle.

Before I end I would like to share a scripture from Omni that one of my companions shared with me at the beginning of my mission that has stuck with me throughout my time here "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved." I would just like to testify that these words are true, and not only that we will be saved, but we will be changed. I love the Lord and I love the time I've had to serve him here in the country of Albania, the cities of Elbasan, Vlorë, Durrës, Fier, Shkodër, and Lezhë; and I look forward to serving wherever the Lord may call me.

I love you all! See you on Wednesday!
Elder Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment