Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16

Përshëndetje familja!

This has been an exciting week here in Shkoder/Lezhe! So here are some of the highlights.

For the first time in my mission we got a media referral! For those who don't know what that is, that's when someone goes to one of the church's websites and requests to meet with the missionaries. The next day we were planning on going to Lezhe but the guy lives in Shkoder, so we called him, but he didn't answer. Then when we got to Lezhe we got a call back from him, he told us he was actually in Lezhe right then. So we met up and had a great first lesson. He's been around to a bunch of different churches and religions trying to find the truth and every time he's gone away disappointed. So we talked about the restoration and about how two hundred years ago a young boy had the same question and he was so sincere that God himself appeared to him and told him what to do, and that if he's sincere as he reads the Book of Mormon God will tell him the truth. We shared a lot of scriptures with him and he kept saying that they were true, so hopefully he reads and prays about the Book of Mormon! Hopefully more to report with him next week!

We finally got to meet with that guy I talked about a few weeks ago, Pjeter. We had a great talk about Jesus Christ and his power to change us and shared a bunch of scriptures from the Book of Mormon about Christ's power to change people through the atonement, shared our testimonies, and then gave him a book. He said he'd like to meet up again sometime.
We had a super exchange with Elders Miller and England. They came up to Shkoder on Wednesday night through Thursday. We had some awesome discussions about the mission and it's power to change people, and just reflected on the past year and what's happened since they came into the mission(they're in Elder Murray's group that came in like a year ago). They're both super good missionaries and it was great getting to work with them. Elder England and I went to Lezhe and just did a lot of finding, and we found a ton of cool people. We went out and there weren't very many people out so we just walked around the city talking to people and met some great people, and got a ton of phone numbers. Now we're just working on actually meeting with all of them again.

Then on Sunday we got to church early, we had invited a ton of people who had all said they were coming to church that day. And then no one came. So that kind of stunk, but because one of the members didn't show up I got to give a talk, again, and I'm so glad that I got to do that. I looked out into the audience and just felt the spiritual power of the people there and thought about how God had prepared and blessed them, and I thought about their commitment to God and his church and how much each of them sacrifice to be there each week and it was a very unique feeling. I was able to give a really good talk and I just got to think about how much each of the people there had changed me. I'm so glad that I get to serve here. It truly has been a blessing. And I'm glad that I still have two more weeks to serve these amazing people!

That's about it for me today. I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment