Sunday, June 17, 2018

May 21st

Përshëndetje familja!
Well it's been another good week here in Shkoder. Lots going on and lots of things to do. But once again, not a whole lot of time to email today, so I'll keep it short.

First off. I'm officially the Shkoder Branch Clerk now. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do for that, but I'm working on that. That means that I'll get to work a lot with the branch president which is a huge blessing. He's one of my favorite people ever.

Another awesome part of this week was Zone Conference. All the leaders gave great trainings about a whole bunch of things. But some of the things that stood out to me the most was when president talked about us as healers. We are called to heal broken souls. Also we talked about ministering and implementing it in our work which I really liked because the new ministering program is amazing. I'm super excited to be a part of that now and after the mission. It was also a ton of fun as always getting to see my friends throughout the zone. It's especially awesome getting to see the missionaries from my MTC group because I've gotten to be such good friends with all of them through these past two years.

As for investigators, Pali is still doing great. We'll be pushing his baptism back a bit so we can work more with him and his family though. As we've been working with him we've also been working with his neighbor who is a less active member and it's been awesome seeing how much it helps both of them as we teach them. And then to top it all off this week Prenda, Pali's neighbor, came to church! Hopefully we're able to keep that up too!

We have another investigator in Lezhe named Gjergj and he seems to have some potential too. He's always willing to meet with us and he said he read the whole Book of Mormon, but just didn't understand it. So we'll work with him on that and hopefully get him to read more for understanding than just speed reading.

And other than that, we've basically just done a whole lot of finding and passing out English Course fliers. English Course starts this week and hopefully we get some good people to show up to that!

Things are still going great. Shkoder is awesome and I'm loving it here! Elder Perry is still super awesome and we're still getting along fantastically. I'm super happy to be serving with him.

Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Gardiner

a few other fun pictures.
Pali, Danjel, and Algida.
Me with the Sherberts.
And a close up of Amadeo taken by Algida with my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment