Monday, November 20, 2017

November 6th


Përshëndetje familja!

Well this has been a pretty interesting week here in Fier.

First off, I was on the news! The Lewis', Elder Larsen, and I were all on Redi's morning show. I didn't talk a ton because Elder Larsen was in charge of translation, and probably spent most of the time looking awkward on camera, but it was still cool. We got to talk about our missionary work and our beliefs and spread the word. Hopefully some of the people watching will be interested in learning more!

We also had a branch Halloween activity which was really fun. We had games and food and like always traditional Albanian dancing. A lot of people came and everyone seemed to have a good time!
We didn't end up having our exchange in Elbasan, but we did do one in Vlore. I got to work with Elder Murray again and we met with some people that I was working with when I was there. It was really fun, and great seeing the people again.

Unfortunately not all things were great this week. Yesterday I either had super bad food poisoning or the flu. So I spent all Saturday night throwing up and then Sunday not feeling well. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well enough to go to church either, luckily everything worked out at church still, but not fun. I am feeling better now though.

Also, Redi didn't get baptized. He says he just doesn't feel ready yet, and that he wants his parents to support him in it, so he'll get baptized soon, but not yet.

But all in all it was still a good week. We got our car back(it hasn't been repaired yet though) and we should be going on an exchange to Korça and Pogradec this week which means I'll get to work with Elder Schneider for a day, so I'm super excited.

I love you all, and hope you're all doing well! Have a great week!

Mirupafshim, Zoti ju bekoftë!
Elder Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment