Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9th

Përshëndetje familja!

Well I don't have a lot of time today so I'll make this quick.

So big news that I don't think I mentioned last week because I didn't think it would apply to me, we had transfer calls this weekend. Big surprise, I will be leaving Vlore! I'll be going to Fier serving as a Zone Leader. I wasn't expecting that at all, but it'll be really good. I'll still be in the same district so I'll be coming to Fier every week but it also means that I'll get to do exchanges in Elbasan as well. I'll be serving with Elder Larson. I'm really excited!

So because of that, I've had a few goodbyes and a lot of pictures for you. It's a little sad to be leaving so soon because the people here are awesome, but I'm really glad that I was given the opportunity to serve here as long as I did.

This week we also had Zone Conference. It was super good, there were a lot of amazing things that we learned there, but due to time I won't really get into it. A lot of missionaries are finishing their missions this Tuesday(including Elder Maurer and Elder Ellsworth) so we got to hear their testimonies and they were really powerful.

So as for Vlore we had some cool experiences. We had a great lesson with Manuel and his sister Erisa where we watched the restoration film. They really liked it and understood everything really well. It's so cool that we really do have a prophet in our days, and that's so important. We also started a mission prep class this Saturday. It was so cool because a returned missionary here named Xhoni taught the class and did a great job at getting everyone excited to serve.

Then today we had a great activity where we went to the beach, had a barbecue and played some games with some of the members. It was a fantastic way to end my time here. Then tonight we'll finish saying our goodbyes with the members.

That's about it for me, love you all! Have a great week! Mirupafshim! Zoti ju bekoftë!
Elder Gardiner

With the bishop and his wife


 Panorama of the beach, another picture of me by the sea, our barbecue fire





No comments:

Post a Comment